Thursday, June 16, 2011

first day at Harlaxton

Hey everyone!


As of today, I'm officially staying at Harlaxton Manor! Our room is actually very spacious and comfortable.  Plus we have a bay window and lovely view outside (we're on the top floor).  I have two roommates, Cheshire and Matea who are both really awesome :)


It's only been 4 days and I've already had some really amazing experiences.  I saw Big Ben, rode the underground subway like trains (The Tube), saw Buckingham Palace, Charles Darwin's house, the O2/ British Music Experience and Westminster Abbey!  I'm learning to get used to the currency and time difference but it's very strange to me since this is my first time really staying out of US.  Tonight we're going to some sort of orientation at Harlaxton probably to learn about living here and the area.  Afterwards we plan on finding out about bike rentals so we could maybe bike to Isaac Newtons house or somewhere else interesting nearby.  Harlaxton seems to be really accommodating so I'm excited to see how these next few days go!  If I can get my camera to work I'll upload some photos of the room here and pictures from the last few days at St. Christopher's Hostel.

1 comment:

  1. Your pretty awesome yourself. Don't forget to feed the pigs, the slop is in the fridge

    ReplyDelete