Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Lake District

The adventure continues.  Sunday morning we got up early and caught a train that took us to another train that took us to another train that took us to another train that took us to another train that finally took us to a bus that took us to Holly How Hostel in Conistan in the lake district.  Our hostel was very quaint and nice even though there was a fire drill at 1:30 AM.  Early this morning we walked down to the lake and rented a row boat.  It was really cheap and we got to be out on the lake for about an hour.  The view there was absolutely beautiful and we had such a great time!  After we row boated, we took a hike 3 miles into a very small town to find a restaurant where I tried parsnip crisps which are actually my new obsession.  Along the 3 mile walk, I saw a ton a animals that I'd never actually been up close to. Including a peacock and a ton of baby sheep!  So cute!  This seems out of place in my story...But while at the Manchester Piccadilly train station on the way to the lake district, I was buying some coffee and.. apparently I was pick pocketed!  My wallet was stolen right out of my purse and I was completely unaware until I tried to go to the ATM a few minutes later and noticed that my wallet wasn't in my bag anymore.  I'm still sort of in shock about the whole thing but I've had a lot of help from the friends that I've made here. If it weren't for Hannah, Cheshire, Kim and Nina the past day or so, I don't know what I would have done.  If you're reading this, thank you guys for letting me use your phone, letting me borrow money and being there to keep me sane! :)


I think this song is appropriate


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBDF04fQKtQ 

1 comment:

  1. I thought of that song too. You are very welcome. I'm happy to let you borrow my sanity anytime you need it.

    ReplyDelete